• 123/3A, Sanjay Nagar, Thirumagal Thirumana Mandapam Back-Side,

  • Nasiyanoor Main Road, Erode

  • naveenkumar.durai@gmail.com

Partition Deed

Partition Deed

In case the partition is by mutual consent, it is executed by co-owners. The partition deed is required to be registered at sub-registrar office of the place where property is situated as in case of any other registration. All such persons will have either equal or certain percentage of rights to possess and use the property.

Transfer of a Co-Owner's Share

In absence of details about the share of investments made for acquisition of property in the purchase document, it is presumed in law, that all co-owners have equal undivided share of interest, right and title in the property. A co-owner's share in a property is inheritable and transferable. The share of investment of each co-owner in the property and the undivided share in right, interest, and title of the property should be clearly and explicitly identified. This helps avoid problems in transfer, alienation, inheritance and taxation.